This week has been, as always, extremely productive in skill building in math, reading, writing, and inquiry.
For example, in math, we have been working on equivalent fractions and have been very proficient in this subject.
In writing, we have begun our informative pieces on chosen subjects, from clocks and calendars to leopards and skiing. We’ve been studying informative texts and crafting our own stories under the guidance of Mr. Basham, and let me tell you, it’s a breeze for most of us!
In reading, we’ve restarted our lit circles and have been watching videos on the Revolutionary War, taking notes along the way!
Next week we will be finishing up our Lit Circles (students should be reading and taking notes over the long weekend), adding and subtracting mixed numbers, looking at our transitions, introductions, and conclusions in our writing, and wrapping up our "Where We Are In Place and Time" unit by taking on the perspective of a historical figure and writing about it.
Specials next week: Library, Music, P.E. Rhythms
- FOR TUESDAY: EVERY student has Literature Circle preparation to do: reading, determining importance notes, and a final summary
- EVERY student needs to sign and return the blue Cedar Park Forecasting sheet that went home on Wednesday (if your student is not going to Cedar Park just note it on the bottom).
- Monday, January 20th: MLK Day: NO SCHOOL
- Monday, January 27th: Staff Development: NO SCHOOL
- Science Fair Friday, February 21st @ 6:00-8:30pm - TURN IN FORMS ASAP!